Tom Simpson’s Pool Instructor Background
• PBIA Master Pool Instructor (16 worldwide) and Member of the Instructor Committee
• ACS Level 4 Instructor/Coach (top level – internationally recognized)
• Founder: National Billiard Academy (Accredited PBIA Master Academy – since 2004)
• Secret Aiming Systems™ Coach
• Professor: Billiard University
• Certified PAT™ Examiner (the Playing Ability Test)
• Founder: Elephant Balls, Ltd.
• Inventor: Elephant Practice Balls® and Beautiful Balls® (used on ESPN)
• Inventor: The Stroke Groover®
• Developer: Ghostball Aim Trainer®
• Instructional Columnist: Inside Pool, Professor Q-Ball, Inside English, Stroke Magazine, Sneaky Pete Mafia, Cue Times
• Technical Editor: Inside Pool Magazine
• Chairman: ACS Instructor Committee
• First Billiards Instructor selected to teach on Royal Caribbean Cruiselines
Tom has been a player most of his life, and has been an active pool instructor since 1994.
TOM’S POOL STORY
In 1994, Tom founded Elephant Balls, Ltd., the manufacturer & marketer of Elephant Practice Balls, the Ghostball Aim Trainer, and numerous other products. Elephant Balls is now a well-established brand, but is no longer owned by Tom.
HOW ELEPHANT BALLS GOT ITS START
“The main reason I’m able to teach pool fundamentals so deeply and effectively is that I’ve had 30+ years of aikido training. Aikido is a Japanese martial art that focuses on high-quality flowing movement, requiring effective body use. I clearly see how you’re using your body in your shot setup and execution, where you are out of alignment, have extraneous movement or inappropriate joint/muscle use. We don’t move as well as we’d like to believe. I identify the simplest, most efficient changes to improve the consistency & precision of your fundamentals.”